Windows 10 is an operating system developed by Microsoft that is part of the Windows family of operating systems.
More about Windows 10
It was presented at the Build 2014 conference, it was released in July 2015. This operating system gave a lot to talk about at the time of its release. In the following article we are going to present a series of advantages and disadvantages of Windows 10.
Advantages over Windows 10:
- Power Toys. This is a small set of tools that offers reorganization and customization features.
- Lighter system. Compared to previous versions, it is a system that requires fewer resources for optimal operation.
- Lighter Security. It is the most secure Microsoft operating system. It has a seamless source code, higher levels of encryption and a new, more secure password manager.
- Smart Windows Explorer. Reminder of recently opened and most used folders.
- Virtual desktops. Allows you to create two desktops to switch between one and the other.
- Internet Explorer disappears. The most hated web browser disappears. It incorporates a new minimalist browser called Edge.
- Synchronization with the cloud. Connected to a cloud where backups are stored from time to time. In this way we can work with our files from anywhere.
- Compatibility. It is compatible with a multitude of programs from previous versions of Windows.
Disadvantages of Windows 10:
- It does not play DVDs. It no longer incorporates Windows Media Center, to play formats such as DVDs must be done through an external application.
- Free upgrade for the first year. Each upgrade is chargeable, costing in 2018 between 145 and 259 Euros. In addition the upgrades are mandatory. You can decide not to upgrade but over time this can lead to a lot of inconvenience as many new programs will be incompatible.
- Privacy. Many users are not happy with the level of privacy. There is some opacity on the part of the Microsoft company with the use of data.
- Control Panel. The classic control panel has been replaced by a configuration panel that may at first be disorienting. It is a configuration panel with fewer visible options, totally different from the classic model.
- Increased online dependency. The dependency on the network generates that the operating system without the tools connected to the network remains somewhat empty and simple.