television is one of the most popular means of communication. Television developed and expanded during the last century, reaching most of the world’s homes. Despite the rise of new technologies, it is the traditional media that has best adapted to the new times. However, many people wonder if there are benefits of watching television or if on the contrary it is not as bad as they say. In the following article we are going to show a series of pros and cons of television to try to answer these questions.
Advantages and disadvantages of television
Advantages of television
- Educational programs. Such as nature documentaries or children’s programs where, in addition to entertaining the little ones at home, they are educated. Currently there are channels specialized in children’s or cultural programming.
- Entertainment. Television provides a lot of varied entertainment content for all ages. From content suitable for all audiences to movies not recommended for minors.
- Information. It broadcasts information of all kinds, from world news to local news. From sports content to scientific content. Keeps you up to date with the latest news.
- Job source. Television continues to generate and maintain a multitude of jobs.
Disadvantages of television
- Unsuitable content. Mothers and fathers should be careful about the content their children watch, especially if they are very young, as there is a lot of violent content on television.
- It can be addictive. TV addiction is a topic that is little addressed in our day-to-day lives. However, television can be just as addictive as social media.
- It can be addictive.
- It can cause attention problems. An abusive use of television can affect attention span.
- Having too many channels can waste a lot of time for the viewer in searching for the preferred option.