The e-commerce is constantly booming and, given the situation of the last few months, there is no sign of this exponential growth slowing down. Despite the advantages and disadvantages of e-commerce, it could be said that it generally tends to have beneficial effects.
E-commerce offers endless new business possibilities, not to mention the convenience of being able to purchase valuable products or information over the Internet. It is a whole new showcase for companies and businesses around the world, which not only improves competitiveness in general, but also increases international trade, which is already beneficial in itself.
Advantages of e-commerce
- Favors international trade, and the internationalization of those companies that offer a competent product.
- Increases the competitiveness of companies.
- It promotes the automation of warehousing and shipping processes, which increases productivity.
- From the companies’ point of view, it offers a new sales medium, which offers numerous new possibilities and business models that were previously impossible.
Disadvantages of e-commerce
In general issues, e-commerce has no clear disadvantages, but in the world in which we live, there are always drawbacks:
- It facilitates new fraud methods of all kinds, for which users are not prepared, because fraud methods are constantly renewed. These frauds, unfortunately, decrease users’ trust in e-commerce.
- It makes it easier for users to deal with the fraudsters.
- The personal relationship between companies and customers is lost, which can be negative depending on the taste of each person. However, there will always be niche markets, such as clothing, in which not being able to try the product beforehand can be a very big disadvantage.